Ср. Апр 17th, 2024

In the midst of the storm of conspiracy theories relating to Kate Middleton‘s health, Prince William has broken his silence with a statement.

Much and more has been said about the Princess of Wales in recent days following TMZ obtaining the first image of her since Christmas. The outlet published said photograph – a grainy picture of Kate sitting in a vehicle outside of Windsor Castle with her mother – on Monday, prompting renewed interest as to her condition.

The Royal Family have been tightlipped regarding Kate since she underwent a “planned abdominal procedure” in January, but while this approach may be classified as typical of The Firm, the dearth of information has done little to quell the concerns of the public.

—Advertisment—

Over the past two months people have been generally free to speculate as to the true cause of Kate’s hospitalization and just why it will keep her out of action until at least Easter.

Spanish newspaper Marca even claimed at one point that Kate had slipped into a coma during her 13-day stay at the London Clinic, though the Palace did decide to release a statement countering that claim.

Indeed, it seems that the powers that be are moving to refute certain rumors as and when they appear online. Updates from Kensington Palace have come few and far between, but they did deny the aforementioned claim published in Marca, and again spoke out last week when people started to speculate that Prince William’s absence from a memorial service for the late King Constantine of Greece had to do with his wife’s health.

“Kensington Palace made it clear in January the timelines of the princess’ recovery and we’d only be providing significant updates,” her rep said last week. “That guidance stands.”

They further reiterated that Middleton was “doing well.”

Perhaps, then, it should come as no surprise that Prince William has broken his silence amid a growing storm of questions as to Kate’s whereabouts and well being.

After the image of Kate outside Windsor Castle hit the web, a spokesperson for William told People Magazine: “His focus is on his work and not on social media.”

In any case, further confusion arose on Tuesday this week when it was reported that Kate’s official return would take place at a Trooping the Colour rehearsal in June. Tickets were on sale for the public engagement, only for the Ministry of Defence to later remove any mention of Kate’s involvement from their website.

A Kensington Palace spokesman said: “The timelines provided on the Princess’ hospital stay and planned return to royal duties were very clear from the outset. Nothing has changed.” The palace reiterated a previous statement given last week saying: “The princess continues to be doing well.”

Here’s to hoping Kate Middleton is recovering well!