Вт. Апр 23rd, 2024

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle only found out about Kate Middleton’s heartbreaking cancer diagnosis on TV, having not been privy to the information any sooner than the general public was, according to reports.

Last Friday the Princess of Wales put an end to two months of conjecture and speculation, bravely announcing that she had been diagnosed with cancer following the abdominal surgery she underwent in January.

The shock confession was met with an outpouring of support from royal fans around the world, with many naturally saddened to learn of Kate’s plight. The Princess is a mother of three, remember, and has become a beloved national figure and a senior royal in her own right after marrying Prince William in 2011.

Of course, Kate’s wellbeing throughout much of 2024 to date has been the subject of gossip largely limited only by the wild imaginations of conspiracy theorists.

The 42-year-old found herself the centerpiece of thousands of headlines, the makeup of which ranged from the plausible to the downright absurd.

That Kate has finally decided to go public with her diagnosis should – there are no certainties when such games are at hand – put the rumors to bed. The media and the public may finally let her recover on her own terms, while her family will surely pull together to ensure that she has the very strongest of support networks to fall back on whenever needed.

Yet it remains to be seen if Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will play any sort of role, with reports this week suggesting that they were kept entirely in the dark regarding Kate’s diagnosis and eventual announcement.

The Sussexes have grown further and further apart from the Royal Family since stepping down from their royal duties before moving to the US, and sources say the couple learned of Kate’s tragic cancer news “at the same time as the public”.

The Times reported: “Several sources confirm that there were no such conversations and it is thought Harry found out about Kate’s diagnosis from television, at the same time as the public.”

In the wake of Kate’s video, Harry and Meghan released a brief statement reading: “We wish health and healing for Kate and the family, and hope they are able to do so privately and in peace.”

Last week it was reported that Meghan had reached out to Kate following the latter’s January surgery, but that she and Harry were not being told much about the Princess of Wales’s health issues as the Royal Family do not trust them.

Speaking to the Daily Mirror, royal expert and author Tom Quinn said: “It’s definitely a good time for Meghan to try to build bridges with her sister-in-law and there has been some contact, but it’s been formal rather than sisterly – again, there is always the problem that Meghan can’t be trusted.”

An in-the-know source is said to have confided in PEOPLE of Harry and Meghan, meanwhile: “They are aware of everything that goes on back in England, but are being left out of any details regarding Kate. There is clearly no trust.”

We’re hoping that Kate Middleton is now given the chance to rest and recover on her own terms. Leave a comment if you’re a fan of the Princess of Wales.