Ср. Июн 19th, 2024

The tragic truth regarding Kate Middleton’s mysterious abdominal surgery in January, as well as the lengthy period of recovery required following it, has finally come to light.

On Friday evening, the Princess of Wales herself issued an emotional video wherein she revealed that she had been diagnosed with cancer.

The shock announcement follows two months of wild speculation and harmful conjecture that, try as they might, Kate and the Royal Family have been unable to avoid. Late last week, Kate went public with the heartbreaking reason she has been missing from the spotlight for so long, prompting an outpouring of support and love from the general public.

In her candid video, the Princess told how she needed time to recover from her surgery before she could begin “preventative chemotherapy”.

“This of course came as a huge shock, and William and I have been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family,” the 42-year-old added.

It’s now been revealed that the decision to speak publicly on her diagnosis was one Kate made two weeks ago, following the debacle around the “self-edited” image that was released to mark Mother’s Day in the UK.

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM – OCTOBER 17: (EMBARGOED FOR PUBLICATION IN UK NEWSPAPERS UNTIL 24 HOURS AFTER CREATE DATE AND TIME) Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge attends the Earthshot Prize 2021 at Alexandra Palace on October 17, 2021 in London, England. The Earthshot Prize, created by Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and The Royal Foundation, is an environmental prize awarded to the most inspiring and innovative solutions to environmental challenges facing the planet. (Photo by Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images)

As per the Daily Mail, Kate was always intent on waiting until her children’s school broke up for Easter (which happened last Friday) before making her announcement to the world.

The same report claims that the Princess is now on what has been termed as a “recovery pathway” after beginning a course of chemotherapy late last month.

Victoria Newton, editor at The Sun newspaper, told BBC1’s Sunday With Laura Kuenssberg program that the timing of Kate’s video deliberately matched the last day of school for Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis.

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM – NOVEMBER 15: (EMBARGOED FOR PUBLICATION IN UK NEWSPAPERS UNTIL 24 HOURS AFTER CREATE DATE AND TIME) Catherine, Princess of Wales arrives at the Shaping Us National Symposium at the Design Museum on November 15, 2023 in London, England. The symposium event, hosted by The Princess of Wales and The Royal Foundation Centre for Early Childhood, brings together leaders and specialists to consider key foundational skills for early childhood which can result in healthy adult lives. (Photo by Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images)

“It was actually, I understand, that the princess made the decision two weeks ago that she as going to do this public statement,” Newton said.

“The key thing for her as a mother, the priority was protecting those three children.

“She didn’t want them going to school, being asked even more than they already were.

“They were already being affected at school, so it was always her plan that she would wait until the last day of term.

“Obviously they’ve endured an incredible amount of social media speculation which has been really hard for them to handle, but the priority for her was always those children.”

Kate herself acknowledged in her video message that she needed time to explain things to her children. She said: “Most importantly, it has taken us time to explain everything to George, Charlotte and Louis in a way that is appropriate for them, and to reassure them that I am going to be okay.”

At the time of writing, the Palace has not confirmed what type of cancer Kate is suffering from, nor what stage she is in.

We’re sending prayers and well-wishes to Kate Middleton at this incredibly difficult time. If you would like to do the same, leave a comment in the box below.