Чт. Май 30th, 2024

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been warned not to “abuse” the trust placed in them when they were reportedly told of Kate Middleton’s cancer diagnosis.

Running contrary to the majority of reports out there, the Daily Mirror have today published a piece citing author and self-professed royal expert Tom Quinn, who claims that the Sussexes were in fact told of Kate’s diagnosis before the rest of the world.

Yesterday we reported on how Harry and Meghan were said to have been kept in the dark regarding Kate’s cancer announcement, finding out along with the general public when the Princess issued her brave video on Friday.

Yet Quinn says that though the couple are “no longer in the primary loop” – meaning that they’re not automatically told when something big is about to go public, and information shared with them is considered on a case-by-case basis – they were told about Kate’s diagnosis.

However their inclusion in the tiny group of people came with “dire warnings” that they not “abuse” the trust that the Royal Family was placing in them.

“Dire warnings were also apparently issued that Meghan and Harry were being trusted with the information in advance and mustn’t abuse that trust,” Quinn said, as per the Mirror.

“Meghan and Harry are no longer in the primary loop – when something is about to go public, they are told (or not told) on a case by case basis rather than being automatically included. The feeling in the family and among Kensington palace officials is that Meghan and Harry have to be very carefully managed simply because they can’t be trusted.”

WINDSOR, ENGLAND – SEPTEMBER 10: Catherine, Princess of Wales, Prince William, Prince of Wales, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex on the long Walk at Windsor Castle arrive to view flowers and tributes to HM Queen Elizabeth on September 10, 2022 in Windsor, England. Crowds have gathered and tributes left at the gates of Windsor Castle to Queen Elizabeth II, who died at Balmoral Castle on 8 September, 2022. (Photo by Chris Jackson/Getty Images)

On Friday evening Kate Middleton finally put an end to two months’ worth of wild speculation, revealing that cancer had been discovered in her body following the abdominal procedure she underwent in January.

The candid and, frankly, unprecedented video put to rest the growing storm of speculation as to the Princess’s wellbeing and whereabouts following a period of uncertainty wherein conspiracy theories were allowed to grow like weeds.

“In January, I underwent major abdominal surgery in London and at the time, it was thought that my condition was non-cancerous. The surgery was successful. However, tests after the operation found cancer had been present. My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of that treatment,” Kate said in her video.

KINGSTON, JAMAICA – MARCH 24: Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge depart from Norman Manley International Airport as part of the Royal tour of the Caribbean on March 24, 2022 in Kingston, Jamaica. (Photo by Samir Hussein/WireImage)

She continued: “This of course came as a huge shock, and William and I have been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family. As you can imagine, this has taken time. It has taken me time to recover from major surgery in order to start my treatment. But, most importantly, it has taken us time to explain everything to George, Charlotte and Louis in a way that is appropriate for them, and to reassure them that I am going to be ok.”

It remains to be seen if Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will play any sort of role in Kate’s support network moving forward, with reports earlier this week suggesting that they had been kept entirely in the dark regarding Kate’s diagnosis and eventual announcement.

The Sussexes have grown further and further apart from the Royal Family since stepping down from their royal duties prior to moving to the US, and some sources say the couple learned of Kate’s tragic cancer news “at the same time as the public”.

The Times reported: “Several sources confirm that there were no such conversations and it is thought Harry found out about Kate’s diagnosis from television, at the same time as the public.”

In the wake of Kate’s video, Harry and Meghan released a brief statement reading: “We wish health and healing for Kate and the family, and hope they are able to do so privately and in peace.”

Do you think this current time of royal crisis is the ideal setting for Harry and Meghan to try and extend an olive branch? Let us know in the comments.

If you like reading about the Royal Family and would like to see more, check out the article below: